Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pockets Turned Out

What if we hid nothing from each other?

I've been writing letters back and forth with a beautiful young Christ-follower that I haven't known very well before, and she has been so transparent with me. It's allowed me to do the same. There is in the space of such a small time a connection between us that I rarely feel: an encouragement and a hope built. A trust. One I never expected to feel with her. A trust that I will struggle to keep, because we are sisters in Him who makes trust, and hope, possible.

Suddenly, without even realizing it, worship happens.

What if we all did what they used to do before the first person ate the first bite of sin? What if we exposed ourselves for the (im)perfections that we are? That we all are.

What if Adam and Eve hadn't hid themselves?




As Kathleen Kelly says in You've Got Mail: "I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers